This is a set of essays about making software.
I write them for several reasons:
- It may be useful to others.
- It helps me understand the process of building software.
- It helps me turn mistakes into lessons learned.
- It helps me remember lessons I have learned.
- It helps me document the tools I use and how I use them.
- I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul.
I write these essays as instructions to myself, so I use imperative voice for rules I apply generally. I try to explain why any given instruction has general rule status.
I hope you find them useful.