This is a set of essays about making software.
I write them for several reasons:
- It may be useful to others.
- It helps me understand the process of building software.
- It helps me turn mistakes into lessons learned.
- It helps me remember lessons I have learned.
- It helps me document the tools I use and how I use them.
- I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul.
I use imperative voice for rules I believe apply generally, and I try to explain why I believe they are general rules.
I hope you find them useful.